29 May 2008

UB Making Good?

Terrence Chan just posted a blog about getting a refund from Ultimate Bet due to the Super User scandal that took place there. If the story as it is laid out at 2+2 is true, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, it was definitely a black eye for UB in the time they took to address the issue and the apparent steps taken to protect the accused or at least look the other way. Since I'm a nickel-and-dime player at UB, I was never really worried about being a victim of superuser but would have considered moving my money out of UB if that UIGA didn't make it near to impossible. Still, I have to admit a certain affinity to Ultimate Bet since it is the first site where I deposited money, and I still prefer the UI over the other sites I play (FTP). Plus, it's the only site where I seem to be able to hold on to my money. Hopefully this will close the chapter on the whole sordid affair and I can go back to UB without fear that someone can see my cards. Now if I could only be sure that the donkeys won't hit their 1-outers.

No comments: