12 July 2008

2nd

Poker time has been hard to come by lately but today I came home to an empty house and decided to hit FTP. Just a $20+2 SnG. Nothing too exciting. Managed to take 2nd without ever catching a big pocket pair or coin flips. What I really need to work on is my heads up play. I'm just not picking my spots well.

Iggy busted from the ME. The magic run is over. But what a run it was, and thanks to Iggy and Pauly we bloggers got to live vicariously through the whole thing. Even more inspiring than Moneymaker, he makes me want to take my shot.

I remember the first time I ever played poker in Vegas I hit a bad beat jackpot at the Luxor. We were playing 7-card stud and I had quad fours on 5th street. The bitter old rock at the other end of the table made a straight flush and I couldn't understand why the guy next to me was telling me I had won money, a lot of money (for me at the time). I was so shocked and stunned when they counted out my $1,400 that I literally couldn't speak and had to go back to my room and lay down. If I cashed in the Main Event they might have to carry me out on a stretcher.

Congrats to Iggy. But it sounds like he's been bitten by the bug and is already dreaming of next year.

No comments: