11 December 2008

HORSEing around

Been playing some .50/1 HORSE on Full Tilt and play money Badugi on Stars just for shits and giggles. I've been having a good time brushing up on the mixed games and managing to book a couple of wins at the same time. It's also been a good exercise in patience. I'm sure I'm not the only one who experience this, but it seems like I get rolled up pairs in Razz (especially Kings and Queens) way more than I do in Stud. I think my record was 5 bring-ins in a row at one point. Razz and Stud are especially fun when the table gets short-handed and people are winning with a J low or A high. The turnover at the tables is pretty high. People sit down with $10 and burn through that pretty quick and leave. Good starting hand selection and patience resulted in 1.5 buy-ins in a couple of hours.

I'm still trying to figure out Badugi. I could see how there could be some big swings if you were playing for cash. Right now I'm just playing with play money so people are chasing and drawing 3 and 4 cards regularly so I'd be interested to try my hand playing for real money some time.

No comments: