17 December 2008

dumb ass = Me

Played in the Starts WBCOOP PLO8 event tonight. I don't play much (any) PLO8 but I figured I would give it shot. You really are trying to place in the top 72 so that you win a seat in the main event so this is really just a satellite. Sure, top 10 places pay out some extra goodies, but 1-72 all get a seat in the final event. With that in mind, when I sucked out on a guy with a 2 outer on the river and found myself 12th in chips with a little over 130 to go, I should have just walked away. The poker gods had smiled down on me and rewarded my stupidity (in my defense, I had a straight and 2nd nut flush draw, I just didn't realize that he already had his straight and had the nut flush draw) at which point I should have just stepped away, washed the dishes and let myself coast into the top 72.

But did I do that? Nooooooooo.....

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

No comments: