04 June 2008

The Biggest Game

I'm not talking about the game that goes on in Bobby's room. I'm talking about the big game for the president of the United States of America. You know how in poker one big mistake can ruin you in a game? How about a game that goes on continuously for almost 2 years where any mistep will most likely be caught on video and haunt you forever? The decisions these people make will most likely affect almost every single person in this country for at least the next four years. Now that is a gamble.

I turned on the TV last night, admittedly to watch some poker on the DVR, and caught the tail end of Barack Obama giving his victory speech. Say what you will, that man can give a speech. And even if 75% of what he says is just meaningless fluff and empty promises, you have to admit that what he's pushing is a little infectious. As I sat there listening to the speech I was a little saddened to know that there are people out there who are not going to vote for Obama simply based on the color of his skin. I just pray that those closed-minded, ass-backwards anachronistic tards do us all a favor and just stay home and not vote and not vote for McCain. I've already told the missus that if McCain wins we're moving out of the country.

No comments: