08 June 2008

Win and Loss(es)

To prepare for today's Blogger tournament on Full Tilt, I decided to play a 1-table sit-n-go. At the same time I was playing Settlers with Mrs. T and the Q. While I was successful on Full Tilt, Mrs. T went 2-0 and handed me my ass on a plate in Settlers. It was a combination of strategically placed settlements and a bunch of lucky rolls; 12 (where she had a settlement) was rolled three times in one game while 2 (where I had my settlement) wasn't rolled once. I was on a bit of tilt towards the end. Luckily I had pocket Kings over Queens hold up when were down to three to mollify me a little bit.

I don't know what it is about FT that I don't like. Maybe it's just because I started on Ultimate Bet but I just like UB's tables better. The whole avatar thing on FT was really annoying; I know you can hide them, but when I started either you couldn't hide them or it just took me a while to realize how to hide them. I do like that you can play HORSE sit-n-gos on FTP. I'm slowly adjusting, but you know what they say about old dogs.

Looking forward to the Blogger Tourney on FT today. I realize my chances are slim, but 122 to 1 ain't too bad. Besides, I expect there to be a few empty chairs so really it's probably closer to a 100 to 1 shot. And being my only realistic chance at going to the WSOP this year, what have I got to lose? If nothing else it will be an hour or two of entertaining play.

Wish me luck.

No comments: