03 June 2008

Short and sweet

Jumped on Full Tilt just to check on the Blogger tournament going on this weekend. For some reason I put it down on the Calendar as happening Sunday when it's actually happening Saturday. Of course I invited some friends over for a BBQ at the exact same time. Arrrgh. Only 46 entrants so it won't be an all day affair, but what kind of host will I be if I just neglect my guests? Maybe I'll jump on and play ultra aggressive hoping to build a stack quickly and then I can sit out until the final table. hmmmmm... Or I can realize that my friends matter more than some lousy $2,000 buy-in to the WSOP.

So while I was there I decided to just play one heads up Sit-n-go. It was over in three hands.
Hand 1 (on button): I limp, he raises, I fold.
Hand 2: He bets pot, I call with J9o. Flop comes J high, I check raise, he folds.
Hand 3: I limp with AJc, he bets pot, I raise pot, he goes all in with red 6s. Flop comes A J x with two diamonds. Turn is another diamond and I'm bending over ready to get reamed but instead the river is another Ace. Thank you and good night.

No comments: